I am in no doubt about it now – there is a serious malady afflicting a lot of people in social media. I’m introducing a new word and I’m hoping it sticks.
A phobia (a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it) of vaccines or vaccination. And this applies not just to personal aversion – that is not wanting anything to do with it personally like getting the flu shot yourself – but a general aversion being pressed onto others to spread it. And unfortunately it is proving somewhat contagious!
This can’t be ignored any longer. No one wants to fight this malady. They let it overwhelm them. And this entry isn’t about Patient Zero. I don’t think there is a Patient Zero. But this idiot, Chris Collins, is definitely afflicted. He resides presently in Thailand but travels a lot presumably throughout South East Asia.
On Friday on Twitter on my political account I reflected the following;
* And no proof is provided by @CollChris – not just with this but no link to FDA’s claim that vaccines cause Autism. It DOESN’T! #vaccineswork
That was after I re-tweeted my own tweet from a week earlier, calling on him to prove that the entire “bank” (for want of a better word) that the Vaccine Court relies on for payouts comes from a $2 tax on each vaccine. That was in reply to my remark that the Court of Federal Claims (same thing) pays out using money provided by the pharmaceutical companies – which is true and correct.
Collins decided to totally ignore it and state;
* Go fishing, Flip. If your #BigPharma handlers ask, we’ll say you’ve been around. We’ll vouch.
What a coward! Totally afraid of being proved wrong! And that wasn’t the only one!
* Ingested not same as injected, body can rid high % of toxins if inhaled drank ate. Stay clear of all mercury, Pacific tuna. NO #vaccineswork
There is nothing wrong with eating any fish! Tuna, salmon etc etc! And he has no idea that ingesting and injecting have the SAME result in the end when it comes to vitamins, minerals and other body benefits! And I noted as well that I wasn’t the only one he was fumbling for truth with!
* You misunderstand. Patient pays for the ‘service’ (the Vx) as well as the damage. #BigPharma has indemnity, can’t sue ’em for faulty product
* National Vaccine Injury Comp Program or VICP was started in 1986. Each paid-for Vx has surcharge (.75c) funding it. #BigPharma doesn’t lose.
These were both in reply to Heidi Wilson, who incorrectly stated that there was no Vaccine Court (I corrected her on Twitter about that) but otherwise told him rightly that the number of people being harmed by not being vaccinated was “huge”. Note also that he changed the tax from $2 to 75 cents, which means that he lied about the tax even existing I reckon!
Then there was this fabrication;
* Then talk to me.. I read reports. You said profit’s not a motive. #BigPharma makes $1b per vax added to child sched. 271 new Vx are in devel
They make NOTHING on vaccines. All pharmaceutical profits come from other products like pills. The numbers he is quoting there is revenue from the government subsidies being put in the make vaccines affordable. It proves he DOESN’T read reports – at best he skims them or doesn’t understand what he is reading. That was in reply to Nicole telling him she wasn’t debating him anymore and IDed him as an anti vaxxer with autistic kids. I don’t know if he has kids on the Spectrum or not.
Now next down we have a tweet that shows he has no idea how money matters even work in government!
* ACA is a tax. Supreme Court was right. The objective there was wealth transfer – they take ours.
The ACA is the Affordable Care Act, which if it worked the same way as Medicare in Australia, is NOT applied to products! It’s levied through the IRS! Hence the ID of “tax” even though I don’t agree. And the low amount would explain why it never worked, and we can blame the Republicans for that. I don’t know where the Supreme Court came into it, but the pharmaceutical companies made NOTHING from Obamacara AKA the ACA. NOT ONE JOT!!
Now get a load of this drivel!
* Sad sickening post. Vaccine Injury Court proves Vx harm. #BigPharma gets legal cover while sidelining family victims. NO #vaccineswork #SB18
It proves no such thing! The Vaccine Court has a low threshold on proof, a threshold that would never EVER stand up in a proper court of law! The legal cover is not absolute and vaccines DO work! That was in reply to Kevin Pho calling on money to be spent on Autism support and not conspiracy theories. Absolutely right!
That’s enough to prove that this guy is totally irrationally terrified of vaccines and tries to lie about them whichever way he can. I’d feel sorry for him, except that his rhetoric is a direct threat to children in his family, and an indirect threat to children in his community – especially in a tropical partially impoverished country like Thailand.
I have tweeted him linking this entry. If you have anything to say, Collins, say it here. If you just tweet more BS you’ll prove me right.