I’ve just about had a gut full of the fake news site the Australian National Review. Their contributions come from unreliable sources not surprisingly but this one took the cake – not just the original article but the stupidity in the comments! Well, not so much the stupidity but rather the blatant falling for what is clearly con artistry on the part of Tetyana Obukhanych.
Let’s go to the background first. Tetyana claims to have a PhD in immunology from Rockefeller University after migrating to the US from the Ukraine. She also claims (without proof) to have fulfilled research training appointments at Harvard and the Stanford University of Medicine. She claims to have become an anti vaxxer as a result of catching some childhood diseases despite being vaccinated. This was presumably in the Ukraine, where there is a high chance that herd immunity was not at the right levels – a fact that she totally ignores. (The basis of this comes from her official website notes)
Tetyana is known to Australia. She made a submission to the Senate enquiry into the No Jab No Pay legislation while it was being considered in 2015, with the support of the Australian Vaccination-Skeptics Network (as their note about her submission proves). It rightfully had no effect as did all the other complaints, because it comes from a false base.
She wrote a book called the Vaccine Illusion, and in this book she made the following statement regarding the definition of immunology;
“…a science that studies an artificial process of immunization – i.e., the immune system’s response to injected foreign matter. Immunology does not attempt to study and therefore cannot provide understanding of natural diseases and immunity that follows them.”
That second sentence is a disaster by itself in it’s inaccuracy! Indeed, the Harvard definition states;
“The science of Immunology encompasses the study of the development, anatomy functions and malfunctions of the immune system, all of which are of fundamental importance to the understanding of human disease. The immune system is made up of many types of molecules and cells that are distributed in every tissue of the body, as well as specialized lymphoid organs, which act in a coordinated manner to prevent or eliminate microbial infections, to suppress the growth of tumors, and to initiate repair of damaged tissues. The immune system normally recognizes and responds to foreign molecules or damaged self, but not healthy host cells and tissues.”
The first sentence totally contradicts Tetyana’s claim! And this was the place she CLAIMS to have engaged in research training! I couldn’t find a definition on the Rockefeller University website but with it’s reputation it has to be at least close to Harvard’s. So it’s clear that her claim to being an immunologist is total rubbish. Just having a PhD in something doesn’t mean they are that. Take a look at Judy Wilyman for instance! Rockefeller Uni has some questions to answer.
Tetyana is a founding director of Physicians for Informed Consent. The list of fellow members doesn’t include anyone obvious, except for Chris Shaw who also has a rep for poor articles. It seems to have been formed in opposition to California’s SB277 law because there doesn’t appear to be anything there about anything else, including SB18 (which I admit to have lost track of since I left Twitter).
To the ANR article – which claims to have picked the article from “Neon Nettle” when in fact it’s an edited version of Tetyana’s failed letter to the Californian Senate to try and stop SB277 (and failed) – it just further proves the site needs to be shut down.
But in the comments we have a batch of idiots falling for this woman’s lies! I have just today taken screenshots of everything not logged in – that way I can see one person who blocked me and another who I blocked awhile ago. I’m not going to repeat anything I said there but I will just touch on the participants who need to re-assess their position.
1. Nicole Kellidis – Wants a full bunking when one isn’t needed. Claims that Tetyana is articulate and clear as though it was an authority
2. Darren D’Anon DoÚrden – A fly through who seemed to be in the middle criticising both sides without substance.
3. Liz Terra – Another fly through wanting “facts” from me.
4. Jennifer Mary – Claims that science still has a lot to learn re immunology without back up.
5. Chelsea Straw – Claims Tetyana has referenced studies ignoring the fact that Tetyana doesn’t understand immunology.
6. Daniel Hoskins – Claimed that I was hanging around with Tetyana! Go figure that!
7. John Hubbell – Also wanted me to provide evidence and agreed with Hoskins! Ewwwww!
8. Becky Martin – The first substantive contributor who has been told she’ll be added to the AV Name Check on the next update. She squealed against the accusation of child neglect and also goes the content line with vaccines.
9. Eric Francis – This is the coward who blocked me. Claimed that doctors are paid to lie about vaccines and as I upload this I will be advising on my original thread answering him that he is also heading for the AV Name Check on the next update.
10. Patty Love – Made the offensive observation that vaccines cause Autism, and also claims that vaccines aren’t fully researched to make them safer.
11. Kay Denney – Attacked me for not providing evidence. She also claimed (correctly) that tetanus isn’t contagious but that’s a reason not to vaccinate for it!
12. Toni Stott – Also went down the offensive line of vaccines causing Autism.
13. Rosa Nobel – Simply thanked Tetyana like a fool.
14. Garry Nelson – Denies the existence of herd immunity and supports the old wives tale of natural immunity through catching the disease.
15. Denise Cawthorne – Another foolish thank you.
16. Nora Alicia Anso – Tried to promote Tetyana’s website.
17. Jean de Villiers – Residing in Tanzania (claims to anyway) and yet puts over Rockefeller, Harvard and Stanford as the bomb. I addressed this in the main part of this blog entry. Claimed a lack of access the Raptor’s article to avoid it.
18. Angela Coral Offer – Under her fake name of Eisenhauer of course, Offside is well known to readers of this blog and the one I blocked some time ago. She linked the entry about me on the Crazz Files which I have bunked on Episode 26 of the Phil’s World Podcast. She’s already on the AV Name Check, and by the way she thinks I’ve been gagged because she has friended everyone on the Check. That claim has only come to my attention upon taking the screenshots, and it’s laughable to say the very least!
19. Caroline Tutti Johansson – Wanted to know what my credentials are.
20. Morag Bromfield – Claimed that Tetyana supports “informed consent”.
21. Melissa Vaillancourt – Also focused on the tetanus line re not being contagious.
22. Jan Guerin – Another fly in thank you.
23. Jaynaya Ayanyaj – Attacked a great remark by Rick Swenson.
24. Lee Phelps – Calls me in effect an expert without a PhD and therefore useless.
25. Penny Anne Gifford – Another fly in thank you.
26. Lucia Randall – Attacked me without naming me wanting a profile pic with my face as well as lauding the article.
27. Tanner Carver – Claims that vaccinations should not be a requirement for attending school.
28. Elaine Russell – Demanded more detail from my objections.
29. Meegan Allen – Figured the article meant the truth was out. HA!
30. Rosamund Edwards – Another foolish thank you and added that doctors refuse to provide information.
31. Ian Cuming – Claimed babies are being experimented on with vaccines! That’s offensive!
32. Susan Durchfort – Willing to be conned but at least admitted that there might not have been a Harvard study.
There is bound to be more. Meanwhile, I noted the Whois of the ANR website and no surprise – the ownership name is hidden. This site has to be taken down and I think I know how to get it done. And Tetyana needs a re-education in herd immunity, which if she had studied immunology would have been included. I’d love to see this thesis that got her PhD but surprise, surprise – no sign of it even on her own website.